We’re looking for a friendly and understanding customer and operations assistant who can take pride in a well-oiled fulfilment machine whilst helping our riders to get the best out of their bike lights.
You’ll be working alongside our customer service manager to deliver a great experience for riders everywhere, as well as our operations manager to help an ever-expanding commercial business run smoothly. The two parts of this role are closely entwined and you will be the indispensable bridge between the product, the delivery and the support.
This role would be a good starting place for someone entering the workplace, ideally a graduate or someone looking for a transition role into a startup. Direct experience is great but not essential. Instead, demonstrating that you are sharp and switched on will convince us that you’re the one we need. This role will test all of your soft skills too – your people and problem-solving skills in particular.
Blaze creates technology for urban cyclists. Our flagship product is the Laserlight; a front light with a laser that projects the symbol of a bike onto the road ahead of the rider, designed to help them to be seen in more situations and thus have a positive effect on rider safety. It began as a consumer product and ships to over 60 countries, but more recently was integrated into the Citi Bike in New York and all of the Santander Cycles in London, with more to be announced.
We are a team of 12 based in Shoreditch, London, in our own office with workshop. We all love to ride our bikes (broadly-speaking, it’s what we have in common). Over the next year, we are looking to expand the team, so it is an exciting time to be joining the company.
- Take on the company voice and handle interactions with customers globally – primarily via email, telephone, live chat and social media.
- Feedback the insights garnered from our customers to the rest of the team – and in particular, the product team – to help us to ever improve what we do.
- Update our Support site with new information and keep the pages fresh.
- Daily processing of orders, working with our fulfilment centres to get our orders out on time and with accuracy.
- Communicate with our fulfilment centres to resolve b2c customer support issues, document the resolution and relay the information back to customers.
- Document and investigate fraudulent orders.
- Ship replacements, spare parts and marketing samples from the office, recorded for inventory purposes.
- Support with special deliveries – engraved units, marketing shipments etc.
- Stay ‘hands on’ with our growing catalogue – know our products stripped down, inside out and to the ground.
- You are thorough, a quick learner and natural problem-solver.
- A strong work ethic is a must – you’ll be taking a level of responsibility for some of our processes and services.
- You’re hands-on and happy to get stuck in with whatever needs doing, whether it’s sending a package or handling returns.
- You’re a self-starter – you’ll gain a lot of experience in this role, but there are opportunities to improve. Spot opportunities and make your mark.
- A true wordsmith, you can deliver information in a clear and concise manner.
- You have a sense of empathy and can relate to the issue the customer needs help with in order to deliver a great service.
- You have an eye for detail and can see the bigger picture, and how your role at Blaze fits with this.
- A love of bikes is a big plus. We know you’re out there – so come and talk to us.
Apply with a CV and cover letter to [email protected] Your cover letter should help us find out more about you and your suitability for this role in particular. We will be in touch with successful applicants directly, and this ad will stay live until the role is filled.
- Competitive salary
- EMI share scheme / company pension
- Employee cycle to work scheme
- Free Santander Cycles hire key
- Office fruit, tea, coffee and Friday drinks
- Perkbox subscription
- Bank holidays plus 24 days paid leave
- Family and friends product discounts