We are Blaze, we are leaders in creating innovative products for urban cycling. Our flagship product, the Laserlight, is a front bike light with a laser projecting a bike symbol onto the road ahead of the rider. It enables cyclists to be seen in the notorious ‘blind spot’ and keeps you safe on the road. We ship to 60 countries and now integrate our lights into Citi Bike in New York and all of the Santander Cycles in London, all of whom recognise Blaze as the key to providing safe and smart urban cycling now, and in the future.
Blaze is a team of 20 based in Shoreditch, London. We care about each other, have our own office with our own workshop, and thrive on collaboration. We are all passionate about cities and urban cycling. Over the summer we are looking to expand our internship program to include electronic engineering for the first time
Who are you?
You will have a rare opportunity to work within one of London’s most exciting startups, and take a leadership role within a team of senior managers and subject matter experts across product, design, supply chain, and logistics to bring our existing portfolio and product pipeline to market. You are obsessive about detail and know every line of your project plans. Most importantly, you are looking to make your mark on the development of our operations.
What you’ll be doing at Blaze
You will develop the strategy and lead business development with local authorities and transport authorities for Blaze. We have developed products and technologies that support bike share and mobility and it is time to communicate what we can do to improve cycling.
- Communicating and influencing local authorities and transport authorities on the benefits of urban cycling and the support our products provide
- Developing and executing on a go to market strategy for bike share industry in the UK, Europe and North America
- Build a pipeline of opportunities and broaden understanding and accessibility of our products for Bike Share and urban cycling markets
- Build our position of leadership and authority within the smart, sustainable mobility industries.
- Work closely with product development teams to ensure product features are aligned to policy and market objectives
- Run a CRM process that delivers against business aims, and provides strategic feedback to business management
- Negotiating commercial contracts with partners and customers
- Delivering excellent client support in order to achieve benefits of our products and technology.
- Be comfortable presenting to clients and at conferences or events for Blaze
You will also have the opportunity to lead and manage:
- Business development
- Go to market strategies
- Delivery client success
- Ensuring activities are completed in accordance with the plan
- Managing risks
You believe that getting around cities is complicated and improving cycling is an essential way to solve the economic and environmental challenges cities face. The ideal candidate has excellent business development, relationship and rapport building & communication skills. You should have experience in working in or delivering products or services to local authorities.
- Able to lead and deliver complicated and long-term sales cycles
- Work with local authorities, and other large partners
- Sustainable mobility experience a significant bonus.
We aim to be the global urban cycling brand renowned for leadership in innovation, technology as well as design, and we would love you to help take us there. If you are looking for a role that will challenge you, encourage creativity and provide you with ownership, then Blaze wants to hear from you. If this sounds like the sort of journey you want to a part of, then please send your information to [email protected] We are very much looking forward to hearing from you.